Tips on How to Make PPT for Final Year Project
The final year project is the course work where you deliver your efforts to reflect your skills to the faculty. Most students do their best with Programming in Android, PHP, Java, iOS, ASP.Net Web Designing, and many more projects and project documentation. However, they don’t focus equally on the final year project PPT. PPT can help you present your project work to the evaluators or faculty. It should have equal importance as your project and documentation. If you do not create it properly, it leaves a bad impact on faculty and your grades.
So, if you have questions like how to prepare ppt for your project in engineering, you are in the right place!
Here are a few tips on how to create a final year project PPT and solutions for your doubts about how to make the PPT for a project in the college final year.
Basic Tips on Creating Final year Project PPT
- When deciding the final year project presentation format and theme, select standard colours that are not too bright or dark.
- Assign a slide number at the bottom of the slide.
- The font size of the PPT should be standard, don’t use the extra-large font to highlight your points.
- Don’t apply animation effects to your slides. Remember to keep it straightforward and professional because your aim is to present your project, not showcase your proficiency in PPT.
- Your documentation and slides must have the same flow of topics.
- Be sure to add full forms with short forms if you have used them anywhere in the slides.
- If you are adding links to your slides, check them twice before presenting the project PPT.
Tips on Topics that You Should Include in Your Final Year Project
- The first PPT slide should include the project title and your name (if you have a partner in the project, add their name too).
- Don’t miss writing the name of the Internal and External guide by addressing them with Mr, Mrs or Miss in front of their names. However, don’t read these details in the presentation.
- The second slide should present your problem definition and company details, which include the name of the company, since how many years it exists, MNC or PLT, any branches the company has, the number of employees working in the company, details of the industry which the company belongs to.
- The next 2-3 slides should cover problems in the current system, the solution that you offer to them, hardware and software requirements, and version details that you used. You can also include any exclusive features that you have added to your project.
- The next slide should have the analysis and estimated time. You may use the Gantt chart to explain the time that you spent behind the analysis. Also, mention any new technologies, such as Java, PHP, .net, Android, iOS and more, that you learnt about when making the PPT for the final year project.
- If the complexity of your project is higher, you need to add the system flow chart to explain the flow of your project.
- All other slides may include diagrams (ERD, DFD OR UML). Use case diagram, class diagram, sequence diagram, activity diagram, state diagram, and more.
- Create a slide of a global use case diagram that explains all the modules and functionality of all the modules. If the diagram is complicated, explain each module individually by adding a link to each module diagram. If required, use it.
- The next slide may contain a Data dictionary. Make sure you have the same Data dictionary which you have in your report, as well as your data dictionary, and it matches the ER diagrams. Mention the size of each column and the relation between the two tables.
- Must define the primary key and foreign key in each table and highlight the primary key in the table. Create a standard format for the database and list simplified tables.
- If your project includes forms and you need to explain them in the presentation, highlight the important fields using special symbols to make it easier for the audience to understand.
- If you are struggling with your final year project definition, documentation, and presentation, we are here to provide you with a guide on each coursework of your final year project.
How to Present Your PPT for Project in the Final Year?
Now that you know to prepare a winning PPT for the project for your final year, let’s look at what you need to keep in mind when presenting it.
It is best to determine an effective way to present the project in front of an audience and plan the entire situation. This is because no matter how good the content of your slides are, the way you explain them also plays a crucial role in making a lasting impression on the evaluators and audience. Here are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Your body language should reflect confidence.
- Ensure your voice is loud enough and clear for the audience to understand.
- Engagingly explain the content to keep the audience interested.
- Keep a balanced posture and do not make too many hand movements that can distract the audience.
- Finally, be sure to practice how to present your PPT to hone your presentation skills.
How to Prepare for Project Presentation: Division of Time
Make sure the PPT is not too long or short. Ensure the entire presentation lasts around 20 to 25 minutes, divided into the following:
- Preparation – 5 minutes
- Presentation – 10 to 15 minutes
- Question and Answer Session – 5 minutes
Learn How to Prepare a PPT for Final Year Project with Us
TOPS Technologies is one of the leading IT Training Institutes that has placed over 10,000 students in well-known IT companies across India. We provide project training to students and ensure they have a bright future in the fields they choose.
Contact us today for Final year project training and learn how to make a ppt for the final year project review. Our tutors will ensure you prepare and present it successfully. TOPS has offices in all major cities of Gujarat, including Ahmedabad, Baroda, Rajkot, Surat, Gandhinagar, and Maharashtra’s Nagpur. You can visit the nearest branch to learn more about our courses.
General Questions About Making PPT for Your Final Year Project
Here are a few questions that we typically get from students about the final year project presentation format and how to present the PPT:
What topics should I choose for my final year project & PPT?
Be sure to select a topic that would allow you to showcase your skills and understanding of the subject. It could be Android, PHP, Java, iOS, ASP.Net, web designing, or more. Ensure that you have in-depth knowledge of the topic.
What basics should I consider for my final year PPT?
When making a presentation for your final year project, be sure to consider the fundamentals, such as choosing standard colours, standard font size, and proper flow throughout the PPT. It helps to keep it simple, informative, and professional.
What should be the ideal flow of a final year presentation?
There is a proper format that you must follow when creating a PPT. The first slide must include the project title and participants’ names, the names of Internal and External guides, followed by information about the topic in a well-organized manner. You could also include the sources in the last slide.