Tips on How to Make PPT for Final Year Project
The final year project is the course work where you deliver your preeminent efforts to reflect your skills to faculties. You do your best with Programming in Android, PHP, Java, iOS, ASP.Net Web Designing, many more projects and Project documentation, but don’t focus equally on Final year project PPT. PPT is a medium to present your project work to faculty which should have equal importance as your project and document. If it is not created properly, it leaves a bad impact on faculty and your grades.
Here I have listed tips on how to create a final year project PPT.
Basic Tips on Creating Final year Project PPT
- When you are deciding on the theme of your PPT select standard colors for your PPT that should not be too bright or dark.
- Assign a slide number at the bottom of the slide.
- The font size of the PPT should be standard, don’t use the extra large font to highlight your points.
- Don’t apply animation effects to your slides. Keep it simple and professional, your aim is to present your project not proficiency in PPT.
- Your documentation and slides must have the same flow of topics.
- If you are going to add links to your slides, check twice before the time of the presentation.
- You should add full forms with short forms if have used anywhere in the slide.
Also Read: How to Give Killer Project Presentation
Tips on Topics That You Should Include in Your Final Year Project
First PPT should include Project Title, Your name (if you have a partner in the project, add it too).
- Don’t miss to write the name of the Internal and External guide as well don’t miss to write the ( Mr/Mrs/Miss) in front of the name of the Internal and External guide.
- (Don’t read above details in the presentation)
- The second slide should present your Problem definition and company details which include: Name of the company, since how many years it exists, MNC or PLT, branches if the company has, how many employees working in the company, details of the area on which company works.
- The next 2-3 slide should cover Problems in the current system, the solution to an existing problem that you offer, hardware and software requirements and version details that you have used, what exclusive features you have added in your project.
- Next slide for analyses and estimated time: Use of Gantt chart (to explain the time that you spent behind analysis and learning of new technologies (Java,PHP,.net, Android, iOS) during the project).
- If the complexity of your project is higher, you need to add the system flow chart to explain the flow of your project.
- All other slides include diagrams: ERD, DFD OR UML: Use case diagram, Class diagram, Sequence diagram, Activity diagram, State diagram.
- Create a slide of a global use case diagram that explains all the modules and functionality of all the modules. If the diagram is complicated, to explain each module individually by adding a link of each module diagram. If required, use it.
- The next slide contains a Data dictionary: Make sure that you have the same Data dictionary which you have in your report, as well as your data dictionary, must match with the ER diagrams. Mention size of each column and relation between two tables.
- Must define the primary key and foreign key in each table and highlight the primary key in the table. Create a standard format for the database and list simplified tables.
- If your project includes forms and required to explain it in the presentation, highlight the important fields using special symbols which helps you to explain it with ease.
- If you are struggling with your final year project definition, documentation, and presentation, we are here to provide you a guide on each and every coursework of your final year project.
TOPS Technologies is one of the leading IT Training Institute who has not only provided project training to students but also has placed over 10,000 students in well known IT companies across India. Contact us today for Final year project training, We will make your future bright. TOPS has offices in all Major cities of Gujarat – Ahmedabad, Baroda, Rajkot, Surat, Gandhinagar, Nagpur
General Questions About Making PPT for Your Final Year Project
Here are a few FAQs that we typically get from students:
1) What basics should I consider for my final year PPT?
When making a presentation for your final year project, you should consider the fundamentals, such as choosing standard colours that are not too dark, dull, or bright, standard font size, and proper flow throughout the PPT. Be sure to keep it simple, informative, and professional.
2) What topics should I choose for my final year project & PPT?
Be sure to select a topic that would allow you to showcase your skills and understanding of the subject. It could be anything such as Android, PHP, Java, iOS, ASP.Net, or web designing. Ensure that you have in-depth knowledge of the topic.
3) What should be the ideal flow of a final year presentation?
There is a proper format that you must follow when creating a PPT. The first slide must include the project title and participants’ names, the names of Internal and External guides, followed by information about the topic in a well-organized manner. You could also include the sources in the last slide.