Android Training – Process for Installing ADT Plug-in for Eclipse IDE
Android training is the best way to learn Android or mobile apps development efficiently. Joining a good training program will give quality guidance and support required for you to learn development of apps on this popular mobile OS technology. Right from the requirements and installations necessary to do your device for Android development to the deployment of the developed applications everything can be learnt in Android training programs and that too under the guidance of experts.
In the installation process to start Android development on your device one of the essential installations that are required to do for efficient development process is installing Eclipse IDE and not to forget the installation of ADT plug-in following it.
About ADT Plug-in for Eclipse
ADT plug-in is generally installed for eclipse in order to extend its capabilities as an Android development environment. By installing ADT for Eclipse, one can ensure faster and efficient development process for creating Android apps. It’s easy setting up a new Android project. With this ADT plug-in available for your Eclipse IDE, you can easily perform tasks like creating application UI, adding components on the API, debugging and distribute applications. The plug-in provides different kinds of development tools along with custom XML editors, and debug output pane to make Android programming much easier for a beginner.
This article is an information base for those who are not aware of the ADT plug-in installation process.
Following is the process of installing ADT plug-in for Eclipse Android development IDE.
Before installing the plug-in you actually need to prepare your device for the installation. It is mandatory to have Eclipse installed on your development computer prior to installation of ADT. If it is already present make sure it is a compatible version with that specific ADT. You should have Android SDK starter package and SDK tools on your development computer.
Once you have a compatible version of the Eclipse IDE installed, following are the steps to follow to download the ADT plugin and install it in your Eclipse environment.
1. Initially start the ADT downloading process by selecting Install New Software option from Help menu.
2. Click on Add appearing on top right corner.
3. In ‘Add Repository’ dialog box enter “ADT Plugin” in the Name field and enter the url ‘https://dl-ssl.google.com/android /eclipse/, in location field and click on OK.
4. Select the checkbox next to Developer Tools in the next dialog box and then click on Next button.
5. The next window appears displaying the specific tools to be downloaded. Have a look at these and click next.
6. The next window will be the final step and as in every other software installation process, this also displays the license agreements which you have to read and accept in order to continue with the process. Read and click on Finish button.
7. This completes the ADT installation process. Hence restart the computer once done with the process in order to make your changes in development computer active.