A lot of the premier companies like Infosys, TCS, Wipro select thousands of Freshers from campuses every year. TCS has plans to hire 55,000 freshers in 2014 and so do all the other large companies. We researched a wide variety of companies across the country and asked hiring managers on what they look for during Campus Recruitment. We at TOPS Technologies have started conducting Campus Interviews for local companies at our offices across India.
These points will help you prepare for campus hiring and interviews that are conducted at
1) Fundamentals – Most managers strongly believe that if a candidate is good at fundamentals he or she will definitely be able to grasp and learn new things. Fundamentals enable an employee to exhibit and solve problems. Most large companies like Infosys and TCS recruit freshers on the basis of fundamental knowledge. Their exams are more on C, C++ knowledge rather than .Net or Android. On the other hand most small and mid size companies, hire based on knowledge of advance technologies but fundamental knowledge is very critical and forms a major component of the knowledge base.
2) Soft skills – In most cases soft skills, ability to express and explain oneself is definitely another winner in the search during campus. During campus interviews recruiters meet hundreds of candidates and hence the candidate with self confidence can definitely make a lasting impression. Candidates with limited spoken English skills should definitely take the time and effort to improve their soft skills.
3) Problem Solving – Logical thinking and Problem-solving skills are rare skills that most recruiters look for in the recruitment cycle. Companies like Google think of Problem solving skills as one of the most important skill in the recruitment evaluation. If a person has an ability to do problem-solving they will most definitely be able to absorb new things and solve larger problems.
4) Integrity - A person with integrity and loyalty is also a key factor in the selection criteria. IT industry has been facing a large issue with attrition and hence a person who is loyal and has a high level of integrity towards the employer is always well regarded. The point to note is that recruiters evaluate candidates based on a mix of different criteria. Having perfect soft skills but poor fundamentals will not work as most candidates will not pass the initial test that would enable a candidate to sit and meet the recruiter. On the other hand having perfect fundamentals but poor soft skills would not allow the person to express his abilities in a personal interview.
How To Get Selected as a Fresher In Your Campus Placement?
You may not have a lot of job experience to talk about at an interview if you are just starting out in your career.
There are, however, a number of things that you may do to impress interviewers and set yourself apart from the competition.
As a first-year candidate, here are some suggestions for how to make a good impression on interviewers:
1. Make sure you do your homework. Make sure you have done research about the organisation as well as the position you are looking for before the interview. This will demonstrate to the person conducting the interview that you are motivated to learn more about the company as well as the position, demonstrating that you are interested in both the company and the position.
2. Be ready to respond to any questions that may be asked Even if you do not have a lot of job experience, it is still possible for you to prepare answers to typical interview questions. Consider your experience and attributes, as well as the ways in which you may apply them to the position you're applying for.
3. Demonstrate that you are excited. Exuding eagerness is essential while you're being interviewed. Demonstrate to the person conducting the interview that you are ecstatic about the possibility of working for the organisation and that you are ready to learn and advance in the position.
4. Ask questions It is important to demonstrate that you are interested in the organisation as well as the career you are applying for, as well as that you are prepared to learn more. You should get some questions ready ahead of time so that you may ask them when you have the interview.
5. Be yourself It is essential to be genuine and authentic during an interview. Don't be scared to be yourself during the interview since the person who is interviewing you wants to get to know you better. If you follow these guidelines, you will be able to amaze interviewers and make a fantastic first impression as a new employee.
TOPS Technologies is one of the most reputed companies offering Fresher and Experienced Talent solutions for companies. TOPS offers finishing school programs for BE, MCA, BCA, MSc, BSc students across the country, their training programs offers live project training in .Net, PHP, Java, Android, iPhone, Software Testing, Web Design and SEO. TOPS is successfully organizing Campus events at its offices in Gujarat, Rajasthan, MP, Maharashtra, and Uttarakhand. To participate in a campus event please contact our local office.