Detect and Fix Software Bug in Software Quality Assurance (QA) Testing
Quality Assurance helps to fix an error/bug prior implementation of the software. Testers detect all the major and minor bugs that occur in the process of software testing and try to make the software application error free.
Software Testers have many questions after they find any error/bug from the application. The most common question arises here is that “What should be done after finding any bug from the application under test?” Quality assurance training includeevery necessary steps required to follow after determining software bug from the application under test.
Following steps are to be followed once the software bug is been detected:
- Tester should communicate with the development team about the bug founded.
- Prior reporting any bug to designer or developer, make sure that the bug is properly documented with the details like the number of occurrence of the bug, expected result, and so on.
- Prepare a bug report that is accurate and covers entire details of the root of bug, its effect and solution.
- A bug report thus prepared should be presented to the developer so that the exact reason of failure is determined.
- On the basis of a bug report prepared, developer can know the problem faced by the end user and resolves it accurately.
- Bug must be divided into different categories including Functional, Business, GUI, Validator error, and many more. This will help to sort bugs into proper management.
The thumb rule for any tester is that they should be very much confident about the bug reporting. No duplicate bug, that means, the error which is already logged; should be added or submitted. Duplicate bug entry will create unnecessary work load in the process of bug management.
A software bug report can contain following information that is useful to developer:
- Title: It helps to identify bug in a one line or statement description.
- Description: It covers bug description along with the procedure to reproduce, expected result, example and actual result of system under test.
- Status: This field indicated the actual status of the bug in the bug life cycle. Valid status is: Assigned, New, Resolved, Verified, and Reopened.
- Browser: It shows on which particular browser version the issue occurred.
- Severity: It describes about the impact of the issue. The different types of severity:
- Critical: Application is losing the data and is crashing.
- Major: Major function under testing is not working.
- Blocker: Further testing cannot be done unless this issue is fixed.
- Trivial: User Interface issues.
Priority: It indicates the priority of the bug. Whether the error occurred must be resolved on urgent basis or it’s less in priority; this point must be considered here. Starting from P1 to P5, priorities can be set. P1 means highest priority of resolving the issue. P5 means No urgency of fixing the issue.
In short a bug report is the medium of communication between the project manager, developer, leader and tester. Thus a quality bug report must be prepared containing all the bugs in the system.
Learn several methods of software testing to detect exact software bug in the application/product under test. QA manual and automation testing are the basic methods of software testing. QA software testing training is the essential part for learning necessary testing methods, and implement techniques in real application. Software quality assurance courses cover every module of testing and QA testing curriculum is designed in such a manner that every new method is covered in it.
Enroll now in the quality assurance training class and shape your testing career with perfection.